In this episode Denise Lewis and Gordon MacLelland discuss the sports parenting journey based on their own
personal experiences. They share what they have learnt so far, acknowledging how difficult the role is and
provide some golden advice for all sports parents.
During the conversation they discuss amongst other things:
- Not overloading our children with too much information
- Creating an environment for our children to be comfortable with failure so that they feel safe
to learn from their mistakes
- Allowing our children to express their emotions and feelings
- Managing the pre and post-match car journey
- The importance of multi-sport participation and ensuring the experience is fun
- Giving ownership of the sporting journey to your child
Have you checked out our exclusive 'Members Area’. ?' Over 300 blogs, videos, infographics and resources to support organisations, coaches and parents.
A lot of this material has never been made available to parents and coaches before unless they are playing at elite level or playing professionally in the world of sport.
Sign up and become a member today, we look forward to welcoming you into the WWPIS community.