In this episode Tim Wigmore and Gordon MacLelland discuss Tim’s latest book ‘The Best – how elite athletes are made.’
Tim shares a fascinating insight into his research for the book, sharing stories from the amazing environments he encountered and the interviews that he carried out.
During the conversation they discuss amongst other things:
- The success of younger siblings
- The importance of play and the amazing environments that facilitate this
- The negative impact of certain parental behaviours
- What the research means for us as sports parents
- The importance of support from family and friends
- The ‘Relative Age Effect’ and the challenges of ‘Talent ID’
The book is a brilliant read for all sporting parents examining so many different sports, individuals and environments. It really gets to grips with so many key topics and is underpinned by all the latest science.
To buy a copy of the book please click here.