In this episode Cath Bishop(Olympian, Author, Diplomat and Leadership Coach) and Gordon MacLelland discuss Cath’s latest book ‘The Long Win.’
Cath shares a fascinating insight into her early childhood in sport, her Olympic journey, life as a diplomat and her current work as a leadership coach.
During the conversation they discuss amongst other things:
- Winning and what it means to society
- Valuing winning and competition but framing it in a positive and healthy way
- Taking a wider outlook on sport and competition and the amazing lessons that it can teach us all
- The significance of the 3C’s of clarifying, constant learning and connection
- Helping support sports parents to use sport as the vehicle to develop life and character skills
- The importance of not ‘labelling’ our children
- The importance of collaboration
We hope that you enjoy this episode. To find out more about Cath Bishop and the work that she is currently involved in then please click here.
Have you checked out our exclusive 'Members Area’. ?' Over 300 blogs, videos, infographics and resources to support organisations, coaches and parents.
A lot of this material has never been made available to parents and coaches before unless they are playing at elite level or playing professionally in the world of sport.
Sign up and become a member today, we look forward to welcoming you into the WWPIS community.