Whether you’re a parent, a coach, athlete or supporter, the next generation has a role to play in the future of your sport. In this episode Sophie de Vooght and Gordon MacLelland talk about creating a positive environment for our young people.
By creating a positive environment we can help in creating a lifelong love of sport and help individuals to become better people, acquiring amazing life skills on the way. We discuss:
- What does a good sports environment look and sound like?
- How can parents can work with coaches to create a positive environment?
- Find out more about the motivation of ‘fun’ and why early success may not be the key to a lifelong love of sport
- Discover tips on how to cope with disappointment
- Hear about how elite athletes can inspire the next generation
We also talk about coach education and the work that WWPIS do to help coaches to build positive relationships with their athletes parents.
To listen to the podcast please click here.